Murphy Law Firm’s “Insider’s Guide” for Georgia Auto Accidents and Personal Injury
Carrollton Attorney James Murphy, Named ‘Best Attorney’, Reveals the Insider’s Secrets to Having a More Successful Personal Injury Case
By James Murphy
Click the questions below to see the answers (Don’t worry, it won’t take you to another page):
- Is it really worth it to get a Carrollton attorney?
- What mistakes should I avoid making after being in an accident?
- How much does it cost to hire a personal injury attorney?
- If I hire an attorney, do I have to go to court to win my personal injury case?
- How do I know if I have a strong personal injury case?
For most, being injured in a serious car or truck accident can disrupt your daily routine for months, even years. This is especially true if you’ve suffered debilitating injuries. Most calls we get at our firm are from people who have never been in an very serious accident before, and they don’t the know the correct process to receive financial compensation for their injuries and expenses related to the accident (such as hospital bills, prescriptions, and time missed from work)
.We know that getting full and fair payment for bills and your injuries is very important, because you’ll be getting bills, and taking unplanned time off of work, and the money shouldn’t be coming out of your pocket. However, getting money from the insurance company can be very difficult if you don’t know your rights, and you don’t know what your case is worth. An experienced personal injury attorney will know how to protect you, and how to maximize your claim.
Murphy Law Firm, LLC has been helping injured victims for over 20 years, and are well-known in the Carrollton community for their strong advocacy for the injured, and their involvement in giving back to many local charities and school programs. Let us help you get the money you deserve by scheduling a free consultation today at our nearby office. We also have good relationships with medical providers in the Carrollton, GA area, and would be happy to refer you to them to start getting treatment right away. Call us at 770-577-3020.
Back to Top
Take the Right Steps, in the Right Order, After an Auto Accident
Whether you are seriously injured, or suffering from a temporary injury that will heal quickly, it’s stressful and inhibits you from living a normal life. The best thing you can do when you’re injured after an auto accident is to get medical treatment right away, and protect your rights.
Attorney James Murphy, who has been practicing law for over 25 years, has written a free guide that explains The Mistakes Not to Make After an Auto Accident.
The Top Three Mistakes Not to Make:
1. Don’t talk to the other driver’s insurance company about your injuries, and DEFINITELY DON’T give a recorded statement. Your first instinct may be to call the insurance company and set up a claim. Let me tell you why that’s a bad idea. Usually, a person doesn’t know how serious their injuries are after an accident. It takes time and thorough medical documentation. Insurance companies want you to settle your claim quickly, before you know how much compensation you’ll actually need. Giving a recorded statement can be dangerous because if you say your injuries are one way, and later you tell them differently, they may use that recorded statement to lower the value of your case, or dismiss it altogether!
2. Don’t sign any documents and don’t cash the check without consulting with an attorney. The insurance company hopes that you will want to get everything done and over with quickly, and that you’ll take their first offer to settle your claim. Taking the money is tempting, BUT BE CAREFUL. Once you take the check or sign the documents, your case is over, and it will ruin your chances of getting fairly compensated for the “true cost” of your injury.
3. If the insurance company tells you that you don’t need an attorney, don’t take their advice. Insurance companies don’t like accident victims getting an attorney, because they know that it an attorney will make sure that the insurance company is going to have to play fairly. More money in your pocket means less money in theirs. So, take advantage of the “free consultation” offer with an attorney, specifically one that exclusively works on injury cases, because they will be able to tell you pretty quickly if you have a strong, solid case, and whether or not they can help you. Murphy Law Firm’s law office is conveniently located near Carrollton, that way you don’t have to drive all the way to the city to get an experienced attorney. We offer free consultations, so if you have been hurt in an auto accident that wasn’t your fault, give us a call at 770-577-3020.
Get Attorney Murphy’s FREE Book to Learn More Tips and Mistakes.
ORDER FREE ACCIDENT GUIDE
Back to Top
How Much Does it Cost to Hire an Accident Attorney in Carrollton, GA?
Some people fear getting an attorney because they think that attorneys are too expensive to hire. Our law firm wants you to get the help you need, when you need it. We don’t believe you should pay out of pocket to get legal help. Instead, we use a simple payment structure:
- Consultations are ALWAYS 100% FREE.
- Our firm operates on a Contingency Fee. That means when we recover money for you from the insurance company, we get paid a percentage of the settlement, and you get to keep everything else. It’s “contingent” on us successfully settling your case, that way you get the legal help with no risk, and nothing out of pocket!
Back to Top
Do I Have to Go to Court to Win My Personal Injury Case?
Typically, no. It’s more common for insurance companies to settle outside of court.We are well-known for making strong cases, and can usually negotiate outside of court.
In the unlikely event that it does go to court, it’s usually because an insurance company has refused to pay fairly on a personal injury claim. If they don’t negotiate fairly, we then advise our clients on how strong their case is, and whether or not we should take the claim all the way to local courts.
Back to Top
How Do I Know If I Have a Strong Personal Injury Case?
Generally, if the accident wasn’t your fault, and you are injured, you have a claim. All too often, people are unsure whether they have a case, or if they should even file a claim. If the accident wasn’t your fault, and the evidence supports that, then the other driver’s insurance is probably liable for your injuries.
We get calls everyday from people looking to get their cases evaluated. If you would like us to evaluate your case free of charge, click the button, or fill out the contact form on this page.