If you are a victim who sustained injuries from a tractor-trailer truck accident in Douglasville, GA, you should immediately seek legal guidance. Our Douglasville Truck Accident Lawyer specializes in accident injury cases and can protect your rights.
Many truck accident victims are left with large medical bills, severe injuries, and financial burdens after a Georgia truck accident. Since semi-truck accident cases are far more complex than typical auto accidents, you need an experienced legal team who knows the federal trucking regulations and the trucking-accident laws in Georgia.
Contact our experienced semi-truck accident attorneys in Douglasville, Ga, for legal advice and representation.
How Can A Douglasville Truck Accident Lawyer Help You?
If you’re hurt in a truck accident, and someone else was at fault, our team wants to help you recover compensation for your injures and losses. Give our team a call today for a free case evaluation and advice about your best legal options for recovering compensation. You shouldn’t have to pay the price for someone else’s negligence or settle for less than full compensation for your injuries. You can speak with one of our Douglasville truck accident attorneys today. Call now: 770-577-3020
- We Provide A Free Initial Consultation: We know that every case is different, and after a significant injury, victims often cannot pay high upfront lawyer fees. So, your case evaluation with our Douglasville Truck Accident Lawyer is entirely free. We don’t set a timer or try to rush through. We always take the time to get to know you and the details of your case. If we can’t help your case, we will notify you, and you won’t need to pay a thing. If we can help your case, we will develop a plan of action to defend your rights. You will never have to pay us directly out of your pocket – we only get paid if we win compensation for you.
- We Will Help You Get Local Medical Care: In some cases, we can contact skilled, local physical therapists and doctors who can treat your injuries, even if you don’t have health insurance coverage.
- We Are Experienced Negotiators: It would be best to have a professional negotiator on your side that knows the law in Georgia and how to protect your rights. When negotiating your case with the insurance company, hiring a truck accident law firm in Georgia that is well-versed in personal injury law is the best choice.
- We Are Thorough: We won’t leave it to the insurance company or police to do our investigations. Instead of blindly accepting their results, we work closely with highly trained private investigators and crash reconstruction experts, who have many years of experience collecting evidence to understand how and why a crash happened. Our firm will work on your case to reveal driver’s logs and records, track down witnesses, and search for traffic cameras and other reports that may help to clarify details.
- We Will Handle Everything: After a tragic accident, the last thing you need is to be bothered by bill collectors and insurance adjusters. Our firm can handle resolving medical liens and protecting your rights. When you hire Murphy Law Firm, the insurance company will have to direct their calls to us instead of troubling you.
- We Will Fight For You: If we can’t get the negligent trucking company and their insurance company to agree to a fair settlement, there are situations when it may be best to fight for your rights in court. Our Douglasville truck accident lawyer has fought and won many cases, and he is not afraid to make the trucking company answer for its actions at trial.
What Type of Compensation is Available in a Douglasville Truck Accident Claim?
Some lawyers may “guarantee” you this or that, but truthfully, no one can guarantee a case result. While most people want to find out what their car accident case is worth, it is difficult to determine because juries are made up of regular people who have their own opinions and views.
Typically, here are some of the things for which Georgia law permits you to seek compensation through an accident injury claim:
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Medical expenses
- Lost earnings & wages
- Other damages resulting from the accident
If someone else’s negligence takes the life of your loved one, there are additional types of compensation that may be available to the family, including:
- Money for funeral expenses
- Loss of spousal support
- Loss of love and affection
- Compensation for wrongful death
Why Are Truck Accident Claims in Georgia So Complicated?
Several factors make semi-truck crashes in Georgia far more complicated than a standard car accident. Here are a few of those factors:
- More severe injuries: Tractor-trailers and other commercial vehicles are much larger and heavier than cars, making impacts more significant. These accident injuries are usually much worse, especially for a smaller car or other vehicle occupants. Typically, more money is at stake in a truck accident case because of these factors.
- Complex federal laws and regulations: Standard traffic rules are usually easy for most people to understand, including jurors. But when it comes to the laws and regulations that apply to truck drivers and companies, the rules are anything but simple. For example, truck drivers must follow safety rules that determine how long they can drive without a break. There are also regulations for:
- The use of a phone or mobile device by a truck driver
- Performing proper inspections of the truck before and after driving
- The use of certain toll roads by trucks
- Weight limits for truck loads
- Which roads and bridges can be driven on, depending on weight, height, and width
- Maintaining a proper log of maintenance and service to the vehicle.
- Sufficient electronic or paper logbooks
- SpecificSpecific hauling and labeling of hazardous chemicals
- DOT requirements for a truck driver’s mental and physical condition
- Training and license requirements
- Trucking companies have more resources: When you are involved in a conflict with another driver, you both have a relatively equal playing field. The insurance policy that is concerned will usually have limits somewhere between $25,000 – $250,000. This means the insurance company’s liability is confined to the other driver’s policy limit. A commercial truck company may have a policy limit above $1 million or be self-insured. Hence, the stakes are tremendous for a trucking company, especially when someone is seriously hurt or killed by their drivers.
What Are The Most Common Injuries Sustained in Truck Accidents?
If a truck accident doesn’t kill the victim, it often leaves them with life-altering Truck Accident Injuries that are so severe they require long-term treatment. Many survivors find themselves with a diminished quality of life afterward, leaving them physically and financially confined. This pain and suffering is awful for the victim, and it is unacceptable. Below are some of the most common injuries seen in Douglasville Trucking Accidents:
- Back and Neck Injuries: Our backs support the entire body, and these types of injuries often prevent patients from returning to their jobs and other daily activities.
- Head Injuries: Symptoms from a head injury may include nausea, confusion, vision issues, and multiple cognitive difficulties. A head injury can result from severe or minor crashes resulting in direct trauma to the head due to whiplash. Brain injuries can be life-altering, leaving some victims’ lives changed forever.
- Internal Injuries: Internal injuries are complicated to treat and can cause internal bleeding to organs like the liver, bladder, kidney, spleen, and pancreas.
- Seat Belt Injuries: Although seat belts are intended to protect, in some cases, they can also cause injuries such as whiplash and bruising.
- Lacerations: Cuts and scratches from truck wrecks can be excruciating and often leave massive scars that may never completely heal.
- Paralysis and Spinal Cord Injuries: A Truck Accident Injury to the spinal cord can be particularly devastating, leaving some sufferers permanently paralyzed.
- Broken Bones: A tractor-trailer or commercial truck’s massive size and power mean bones are easily fractured and broken compared to collisions involving just cars.
- Wrongful Death: Tractor-trailer crashes are 10x more likely to cause a fatality than collisions with other cars. When someone else’s negligence causes your loved one’s death, you need an experienced Douglasville truck accident attorney who will hold the trucking company liable.
We Specialize in Helping Truck Injury Accident Victims In Douglasville, Georgia
We are committed to bringing forth all liable negligent parties that caused your disastrous and life-changing collision. When you hire Murphy Law Firm, you gain a respected and trusted personal injury firm that can help you achieve a winning result in your semi-truck accident case. Call us today at 770-577-3020.
If you have been injured in a Commercial Truck Accident, our attorneys can help you through these challenging times. We understand that most accident victims’ goals are to regain their health, see that their medical expenses are taken care of, and assure that they do not suffer financially from lost wages.
Our Douglasville Truck Accident Attorneys will prepare a comprehensive claim and seek the highest level of compensation for any accident-related losses, including:
- lost wages
- property damage
- medical care
- physical therapy
Murphy Law Firm has over 25 years of experience dealing with truck accidents throughout Douglas County.
Need a Personal Injury Attorney Near You after a Truck Accident in Douglasville, GA?
Let our experienced and determined Personal Injury Lawyers in Douglasville defend your interests so that you can focus on your recovery. Hiring a Douglasville truck accident lawyer can mean the difference in a winning outcome.
It only takes one click to get your truck accident case started.