Were You In An Auto Accident in Hiram, Georgia?
If you were hurt in an auto accident in Hiram and it wasn’t your fault, you have a legal right to receive compensation for all of your costs—including missed time at work, your medical bills, the cost of any medications, and more. At Murphy Law Firm, we have over 25 years of experience fighting for the rights of those who were injured. We are a very respected personal injury law firm in the area and have earned a solid reputation for our tough stance toward insurance companies. Our Hiram personal injury lawyers can assist you with any injury claim that you may be dealing with.
Don’t let time go by and miss your chance for financial recovery. We invite you to schedule a free consultation to discuss your case. Call Murphy Law Firm and get your free consultation today at 770-949-9381.
What You Should Do After An Injury:
The days after an injury are stressful. You are dealing with pain, mounting financial worries, and in some cases, you could be facing an injury that might never fully heal. This is a stressful and uncertain time, but don’t let that wreck your life. There are two very important things that you should do after an injury to protect your rights:
- Do not sign anything from the insurance company until you have gotten legal advice. One of the first things the insurance company will do after your injury is to tempt you with an offer of fast cash. They know that this is tempting because you already have medical bills to worry about, or you may be missing work, and the check can seem like an answer to prayers. But if they use this tactic, that means they are most likely offering you much less than the injury will truly end up costing. They are banking on you signing away your rights before you learn how expensive your bills will be. Don’t let the insurance company do that to you. We recommend that you never accept a check, give a recorded statement, or sign anything for the insurance company before you have gotten a professional legal opinion on your claim. It could end up costing you thousands.
- Consult with a Personal Injury Lawyer right away. Time is of the essence with an accident, and the amount of time that you have to file will vary. We offer a free consultation, which means that there is absolutely no harm to coming in and discussing your case. Especially since it could lead to recovering substantially more money having an attorney in Hiram representing you. An experienced personal injury lawyer has seen dozens of cases similar to yours and will know what you may be able to recover if you pursue a claim. Take the time to meet and ask your lawyer questions and know all of your options.
Do I Have a Case For a Personal Injury Claim?
The only way to know for sure is to speak to an experienced attorney. However, in general, if the accident was not your fault, you most likely have a claim. Don’t be an injury victim who is quick to blame themselves, or chalk up your injury as a simple accident. The law does not see it that way. Most accidents are a result of someone’s negligence. Negligence just means that someone could have stopped your accident if they were more careful. Stating that they were negligent does not make them a bad person, nor does it mean they intentionally did anything wrong. However, it does mean that their insurance should pay for your medical bills.
Common types of personal injury claims can include:
- Car accidents, truck accidents, and motorcycle accidents
- Slip and fall injuries
- Pedestrian or bicyclist hit by a car.
- Injuries caused by criminal assault
- Nursing homes neglect and mistreatment
- Dog bites
- Injuries caused by a defective product
- Medical device injuries
- Prescription drugs that were filled incorrectly
However, there are other types of injuries that can qualify as a claim under the right circumstances.
Will I Have To Go To Court?
Most of the time, no. If we run into an insurance company that absolutely refuses to budge, then we may have to. If that should happen with your claim, we will advise you on if it’s worth taking your claim to court or if you should settle with the insurance company. If you do choose to go to trial, we will build your case and be with you every step of the way.
In our experience, when a client has an attorney representing them, typically, the insurance company will be ready to negotiate and avoid going to court. Our goal is always to build the strongest possible case, including opinions from medical experts, assessing the long-term costs of your injury, and performing our own investigation of how the injury happened. We prefer for you to get a fair recovery without ever going to court, but we will fight for you if the insurance company insists upon it.
How Much Does It Cost To Hire A Personal Injury Lawyer In Hiram?
Nothing to start! We believe that everyone deserves to have legal representation available to them if they have been hurt in an accident.
At Murphy Law Firm, our payment process is simple:
- You pay NOTHING for your consultation
- If we do not win you money, then we don’t get paid. Simple as that!
The only way we make any money at all is if we win money for you. Then we take a percentage out of the recovery, and you keep the rest. This creates zero risks for you!
Does My Hiram Injury Claim Have A Deadline?
Yes, all personal injury cases have a deadline, and they are strictly enforced. These deadlines are determined by both Georgia state law and US federal law. The amount of time that you have before the deadline will depend on the type of case you have. Some you may have up to two years, whereas others you may only have a few weeks.
If you miss the deadline, that means that you lose your chance to recover money forever. This is why it is so important to act quickly and talk to a lawyer. We urge you to call us today!
Talk to a Hiram Personal Injury Lawyer for Free
Murphy Law Firm was founded for one reason: to help those who were injured have the support that they need to recover. Jim Murphy knows first hand the long-lasting impact that an auto accident can have on your life. Let him show you the difference it makes when you have a powerful legal advocate fighting for you. Call with us for a free consultation, and we will help you determine if you have a case. Call us at 770-949-9381 and get your FREE consultation today.