Have You Been Injured in an Accident in Hiram, Georgia?
Our Law Firm Can Help.
An accident in Hiram or Dallas, Georgia, can change your life in many ways. If you were hurt, your injuries and medical costs could stay with you for years afterward. Plus, you may have to miss work because of the accident, which increases the stress of paying your bills. Contacting a personal injury attorney in Hiram or Dallas, Georgia, could feel like just one more thing on your to-do list, but it’s one of the best decisions you can make.
How Much Does It Cost To Hire A Hiram, Georgia Personal Injury Attorney?
At Murphy Law Firm, our clients trust us because they know we have their best interests in mind. Our personal injury attorneys in Hiram, GA, work on a contingency basis, which means you don’t pay us upfront. You don’t have to worry about how you are going to pay your lawyer fees as you’re recovering from your personal injury accident case, and we only get paid if we win YOU money. Hiram attorneys can get to work immediately in helping you with your insurance claim—and every step in the process. For a FREE consultation to go over the details, give us a call any time at 770-949-9381
Our Law Firm has helped many injured victims receive benefits and settlements after a severe injury in Hiram and Dallas, Georgia. We fight the lawyers and insurance companies that are bent on not treating the injured fairly.
We go above and beyond for our clients because we know how difficult life can be after being injured, especially from an auto accident or on the job. That is why we have established an office in Hiram, GA: so that clients in the area don’t have to travel too far for quality legal help.
WHAT TYPE OF CASES ARE CONSIDERED PERSONAL INJURY?
- Car accidents and truck, motorcycle or bike accidents
- A vehicle striking a pedestrian or cyclist
- Slipping, tripping or falling
- Injuries caused by a defective product
- Injuries or medical conditions caused by a prescription drug
- Being given the wrong medication at a hospital
- Injuries caused by medical malpractice
- Mass Torte cases such as hernia mesh, 3M earplugs, Roundup, and many others.
What Should You Do After a Personal Injury in Hiram and Dallas, Georgia?
The steps you take after any personal injury accident, like car accidents, truck accidents, slip and fall accidents, dog bite accidents, and more, can help protect your rights and increase your chances at full Compensation.
First, you need to understand that the insurance companies are not your friends after an accident. They should have your best interests in mind, but unfortunately, they are not since most are looking at their bottom line. They want to pay out the least amount of money that they can. So, instead of trusting the at-fault party’s insurance company to help you out, you will need to advocate for yourself. Or hire a personal injury attorney to be your advocate.
There are a lot of mistakes people can make that could affect a successful settlement, so it’s best to get legal advice from an experienced personal injury and worker’s compensation attorney right away. Our legal team is ready to answer your questions. We offer free consultations for Georgia residents and can meet you at our Hiram Office Location (convenient for Paulding County residents).
BEFORE you call an attorney or talk to an insurance company, read some of our helpful tips:
AUTO ACCIDENT INFORMATION:
What Should I Do At The Scene Of The Accident?
- Call Police
- Take Pictures if you are physically able of:
- The accident scene
- Your injuries
- Any property damage (such as vehicle damage)
- Any identifying nearby landmarks
- Other details you think are relevant to the accident
- Exchange Information with the Other Party
- Talk to Witnesses
- See a doctor- even if you don’t hurt right away! There can be injuries that aren’t felt or seen right away.
- Talk to an experienced personal injury attorney BEFORE speaking with the insurance company.
When To Consider Settling the Car Accident Case Yourself:
When there is only property damage, and no one is hurt, it may be possible to settle your case. One of two things will happen. Either they will:
- Help you get your car fixed and possibly get a rental car while it’s being repaired.
- Total your car and send you a check for the current value of your car (Totaling a car means that cost to repair your car will cost the insurance more money than your car is actually worth. (Example: Your car’s damage will cost $8,000 to repair, but your car is only worth $7,000. They will probably total your car.)
When You Should Consider Getting a Hiram Auto Accident Attorney:
- You were driving, but the accident was NOT your fault, and you sustained serious injuries
- You are an injured passenger in an accident.
- A close family member was injured or killed in an accident
- Your child was seriously injured in another person’s vehicle, who may or may not have been at fault.
Why do you need a Hiram Injury attorney? In all these cases, the injured party was not responsible for the accident, and now insurance is supposed to pay for damages. Insurance company adjusters are trained to deny or lower the value of your injury case. If you don’t receive a fair settlement, you could be left with unpaid medical bills, unpaid time off of work, or untreated injuries that could be permanent. Our goal is to make the insurance company pay you a fair and just amount.
WORKER’S COMPENSATION TIPS:
When to Settle the Case Yourself: Unless your work injury is very straightforward, workers’ Compensation can be tough to navigate in order to get benefits you may be qualified for. In fact, most people could be getting more benefits, but because the insurance company doesn’t inform the injured party, these benefits go utilized. What if your Workers’ Comp case is going to court in Douglasville? If you don’t understand the workers’ comp lingo, like “WC-3” or “this hearing is set for an all issues hearing,” and the attorneys on the other side do understand, you probably will not do well in court. When to Consider Getting a Hiram Worker’s Compensation Attorney:
- When your work injury puts you out of work for more than a couple of weeks.
- If you are having trouble getting your workers’ compensation claim approved, or getting your benefits started.
- You are trying to get a doctor to treat you, or if you want to switch treating doctors.
- If you are going to court for your Georgia workers’ comp case.
Will I Have To Go To Court For My Personal Injury Claim?
Court cases are the exception, not the rule. Most cases are settled through negotiations with insurance companies, but occasionally the insurance company will not negotiate. That can happen because the insurance company thinks they have a stronger case than we do or believes they can make you look bad in front of a jury. When you meet with us, we will give you our professional opinion about the strength of your case and the pros and cons of going to court. If you choose to go to court, our litigation team is ready to help you throughout the process.
However, do not let the fear of going to court keep you from contacting an experienced Hiram, Ga personal injury attorney. The majority of cases are settled out of court because we start by building a strong case that the insurance company doesn’t want to take to court. Having an experienced Hiram, Ga personal injury attorney can give you peace of mind, no matter what it takes to settle your case with the insurance company.
Have An Experienced Hiram or Dallas, Georgia Personal Injury Attorney On Your Side.
If you or your loved one has been hurt by someone else- either from car accidents, truck accidents, slip & fall accidents, dog bite accidents, or on the job- you should consider hiring an experienced Hiram, Georgia personal injury attorney. Trying to settle your case alone could cost you a large amount of money, and will add to the stress of an already stressful time. There is no upfront out of pocket cost if you hire our experienced personal injury attorney, plus we offer a completely FREE consultation. There is no reason to let money hold you back from calling us today! Schedule your appointment right away because there is only a small window of time that you can file your case, which varies based on the type of accident. Speaking with our experienced Hiram, Georgia lawyer will give you the valuable knowledge that you need to make sure that your case and your rights are fully protected. Call us today at 770-949-9381 and let’s get started.