Have You Been Injured in an Accident in Hiram, Georgia?
Our Law Firm Can Help You.
An accident in Hiram or Dallas, Georgia, can change your life in many ways. If you were hurt, your injuries and medical costs could stay with you for years afterward. Plus, you may have to miss work because of the accident, which increases the stress of paying your bills. Contacting a personal injury attorney in Hiram or Dallas, Georgia, could feel like just one more thing on your to-do list, but it’s one of the best decisions you can make.
How Much Does It Cost To Hire A Hiram, Georgia Personal Injury Attorney?
At Murphy Law Firm, our clients trust us because they know we have their best interests in mind. Our injury attorneys in Hiram, GA, work on a contingency basis, which means you don’t pay us upfront. You don’t have to worry about how you are going to pay your lawyer fees as you’re recovering from your accident in Hiram, and we only get paid if we win YOU money. Hiram attorneys can get to work immediately in helping you with your insurance claim—and every step in the process. For a FREE consultation to go over the details, give us a call any time at 770-949-9381
Our Law Firm has helped many injured victims receive benefits and settlements after an accident in Hiram and Dallas, Georgia. We fight the lawyers and insurance companies that are bent on not treating the injured fairly.
We go above and beyond for our clients because we know how difficult life can be after being injured, especially from an auto accident in Hiram or an injury. That is why we have established an office in Hiram, GA: so that clients in the area don’t have to travel too far for quality legal help.
What Type of Cases Are Considered Personal Injury?
- Car accidents and truck, motorcycle or bike accidents
- A vehicle striking a pedestrian or cyclist
- Slipping, tripping or falling
- Injuries caused by a defective product
- Injuries or medical conditions caused by a prescription drug
- Being given the wrong medication at a hospital
- Damages caused by medical malpractice
- Mass Torte cases such as hernia mesh, 3M earplugs, Roundup, and many others.
What Should You Do After an Accident in Hiram and Dallas, Georgia?
The steps you take after any personal injury accident, like car accidents, truck accidents, slip and fall accidents, dog bite accidents, and more, can help protect your rights and increase your chances at full Compensation.
First, you need to understand that the insurance companies are not your friends after an accident. They should have your best interests in mind, but unfortunately, they are not since most are looking at their bottom line. They want to pay out the least amount of money that they can. So, instead of trusting the at-fault party’s insurance company to help you out, you will need to advocate for yourself. Or hire a personal injury attorney to be your advocate.
There are many mistakes people can make that could affect a successful settlement, so it’s best to get legal advice from an experienced personal injury and worker’s compensation attorney. Our legal team is ready to answer your questions. We offer free consultations for Georgia residents and meet you at our Hiram Office Location (convenient for Paulding County residents).
Were You In An Auto Accident in Hiram, Georgia?
If you were hurt in an auto accident in Hiram and it wasn’t your fault, you have a legal right to receive compensation for all of your costs—including missed time at work, your medical bills, the cost of any medications, and more. At Murphy Law Firm, we have over 25 years of experience fighting for the rights of those who were injured. We are a very respected personal injury law firm in the area and have earned a solid reputation for our tough stance toward insurance companies. Our Hiram personal injury lawyers can assist you with any injury claim that you may be dealing with.
Don’t let time go by and miss your chance for financial recovery. We invite you to schedule a free consultation to discuss your case. Call Murphy Law Firm and get your free consultation today at 770-949-9381.
What You Should Do After An Injury:
The days after an injury in an auto accident in Hiram are stressful. You are dealing with pain, mounting financial worries, and in some cases, you could be facing an injury that might never fully heal. This is a stressful and uncertain time. There are two critical things that you should do after an injury to protect your rights:
- Do not sign anything from the insurance company until you have gotten legal advice. One of the first things the insurance company will do after your injury is to tempt you with an offer of fast cash. They know that this is tempting because you already have medical bills to worry about, or you may be missing work, and the check can seem like an answer to prayers. But, if they use this tactic, that means they are most likely offering you much less than the injury will actually end up costing. They are banking on you signing away your rights before you learn how expensive your bills will be. Don’t let the insurance company do that to you. We recommend that you never accept a check, give a recorded statement, or sign anything for the insurance company before you have gotten a professional legal opinion on your claim. It could end up costing you thousands.
- Consult with a Personal Injury Lawyer in Hiram right away. Time is of the essence with an auto accident in Hiram, and the amount of time that you have to file will vary. We offer a free consultation, which means that there is no harm to coming in and discussing your case, especially since having a car accident attorney in Hiram representing you could lead to recovering substantially more money. Our experienced personal injury lawyer has seen dozens of cases similar to yours and will know what you may be able to recover if you pursue a claim. Take the time to meet and ask your lawyer questions and understand all of your options.
BEFORE you call an attorney or talk to an insurance company, read some of our helpful tips:
AUTO ACCIDENT INFORMATION
What Should I Do At The Scene Of The Accident in Hiram?
- Call Police
- Take Pictures if you are physically able of:
- The accident scene
- Your injuries
- Any property damage (such as vehicle damage)
- Any identifying nearby landmarks
- Other details you think are relevant to the accident
- Exchange Information with the Other Party
- Talk to Witnesses
- See a doctor- even if you don’t hurt right away! There can be injuries that aren’t felt or seen right away.
- Talk to an experienced personal injury attorney BEFORE speaking with the insurance company.
When To Consider Settling the Car Accident Case Yourself:
When there is only property damage, and no one is hurt, it may be possible to settle your case. One of two things will happen. Either they will:
- Help you get your car fixed and possibly get a rental car while it’s being repaired.
- Total your car and send you a check for your car’s current value (Totaling a car means that cost to repair your vehicle will cost the insurance more money than your car is worth. (Example: Your car’s damage will cost $8,000 to fix, but your car is only worth $7,000. They will probably total your car.)
When You Should Consider Getting a Hiram Auto Accident Attorney:
- You were driving, but the accident was NOT your fault, and you sustained serious injuries
- You are an injured passenger in an accident.
- A close family member was injured or killed in an accident
- Your child was seriously injured in another person’s vehicle, who may or may not have been at fault.
Why do you need a Hiram Injury attorney? In all these cases, the injured party was not responsible for the accident, and now insurance is supposed to pay for damages. Insurance company adjusters are trained to deny or lower the value of your injury case. If you don’t receive a fair settlement, you could be left with unpaid medical bills, unpaid time off of work, or untreated injuries that could be permanent. Our goal is to make the insurance company pay you a fair and just amount.
WORKER’S COMPENSATION TIPS
When to Settle the Case Yourself:
Unless your work injury is very straightforward, workers’ Compensation can be tough to navigate to get benefits you may be qualified for. Most people could be getting more benefits, but because the insurance company doesn’t inform the injured party, they go un-utilized. What if your Workers’ Comp case is going to court in Douglasville? If you don’t understand the workers’ comp lingo, like “WC-3” or “this hearing is set for an all issues hearing,” and the attorneys on the other side do understand, you probably will not do well in court.
When to Consider Getting a Hiram Worker’s Compensation Attorney:
- When your work injury puts you out of work for more than a couple of weeks.
- If you are having trouble getting your workers’ compensation claim approved, or getting your benefits started.
- You are trying to get a doctor to treat you, or if you want to switch treating doctors.
- If you are going to court for your Georgia workers’ comp case.
Do I Have a Case For a Personal Injury Claim in Hiram?
The only way to know for sure is to speak to an experienced attorney in Hiram. However, in general, if the accident was not your fault, you most likely have a claim. Don’t be an injury victim who is quick to blame themselves, or chalk up your injury as a simple accident. The law does not see it that way. Most accidents are a result of someone’s negligence. Negligence means that someone could have stopped your accident if they were more careful. Stating that they were negligent does not make them a bad person, nor does it mean they intentionally did anything wrong. However, it does mean that their insurance should pay for your medical bills.
Common types of personal injury claims can include:
- Car accidents, truck accidents, and motorcycle accidents
- Slip and fall injuries
- Pedestrian or bicyclist hit by a car.
- Injuries caused by criminal assault
- Nursing homes neglect and mistreatment
- Dog bites
- Damages caused by a defective product
- Medical device injuries
- Prescription drugs that were filled incorrectly
However, other types of injuries can qualify as a claim under the right circumstances.
Will I Have To Go To Court For My Personal Injury Claim?
Court cases are the exception, not the rule. Most Hiram car accidents are settled through negotiations with insurance companies, but occasionally the insurance company will not negotiate. That can happen because the insurance company thinks they have a stronger case than we do or believes they can make you look bad in front of a jury. When you meet with us, we will give you our professional opinion about your case’s strength and the pros and cons of going to court. If you choose to go to court, our litigation team is ready to help you throughout the process.
However, do not let the fear of going to court keep you from contacting an experienced Hiram, Ga personal injury attorney. The majority of cases are settled out of court because we start by building a strong case that the insurance company doesn’t want to take to court. Having an experienced Hiram personal injury attorney can give you peace of mind, no matter what it takes to settle your case with the insurance company.
Have An Experienced Hiram or Dallas, Georgia Personal Injury Attorney On Your Side.
If you or your loved one are injured in Hiram because of someone else’s negligence, you should consider hiring a skilled Hiram personal injury attorney. Trying to settle your case alone could cost you a lot of money and add to the burden of an already stressful time. There is no upfront out of pocket cost if you hire our experienced personal injury attorney, plus we offer a completely FREE consultation. There is no reason to let money hold you back from calling us today! Schedule your appointment immediately because there is only a small window of time that you can file your case, which varies based on the type of accident. Speaking with our experienced Hiram, Georgia lawyer will give you the valuable knowledge that you need to make sure that your case and your rights are fully protected. Call us today at 770-949-9381, and let’s get started.
Will I Have To Go To Court After an Auto Accident in Hiram?
Most of the time, no. If we run into an insurance company that refuses to budge, then we may have to. If that should happen with your claim, we will advise you on if it’s worth taking your case to court or if you should settle with the insurance company. If you do choose to go to trial, we will build your case and be with you every step of the way.
In our experience, when a client has an attorney representing them, typically, the insurance company will be ready to negotiate and avoid going to court. Our goal is always to build the strongest possible case, including opinions from medical experts, assessing the long-term costs of your injury, and performing our own investigation of how the injury happened. We prefer for you to get a fair recovery without ever going to court, but we will fight for you if the insurance company will not give you a fair settlement.
How Much Does It Cost To Hire A Personal Injury Lawyer In Hiram?
Nothing to start! We believe that everyone deserves to have legal representation available to them if they have been hurt in an accident.
At Murphy Law Firm, our payment process is simple:
- You pay NOTHING for your consultation.
- If we do not win money for you, then you pay us nothing. Simple as that!
The only way we make any money at all is if we win money for you. Then we take a percentage out of the recovery, and you keep the rest. This creates zero risks for you
Is There a Deadline to File a Claim for My Auto Accident in Hiram?
Yes, all personal injury cases have a deadline, and they are strictly enforced. These deadlines are determined by both Georgia state law and US federal law. The amount of time that you have before the deadline will depend on the type of case you have. Some cases may have up to two years to file a claim, whereas others may only have a few weeks.
If you miss the deadline, that means that you lose your chance to recover money forever. This is why it is so important to act quickly and talk to a car accident lawyer in Hiram. We urge you to call us today!
Talk to a Hiram Personal Injury Lawyer for Free
Murphy Law Firm was founded for one reason: to help those who were injured have the support that they need to recover. James Murphy knows first hand the long-lasting impact that an auto accident in Hiram can have on your life. Let him show you the difference it makes when you have an experienced legal team fighting for you. Call us for a free consultation, and we will help you determine if you have a case. Call us at 770-949-9381 and get your FREE consultation today.