Murphy Law Firm | Putting Your Injury Claim in Experienced Hands
You’ve made an intelligent decision to get more information about your legal rights and get help for your Mableton accident injury case. Over many years of representing injured victims of a Mableton accident, I have seen that a severe injury can change a family’s life.
If this has happened to you, I know you have some essential questions, and you must get the answers. That’s why it is necessary to understand how personal injury claims work in Mableton, Georgia. In some circumstances, you may not need an attorney, but it is beneficial to get a free consultation from a skilled personal injury lawyer in Mableton, Georgia.
Personal Injury Cases We Handle in Mableton, Georgia
If the unexpected has happened and you suddenly need a personal injury attorney, contact Murphy Law Firm. At Murphy Law Firm, our Mableton personal injury lawyer can help you with all types of injury claims. We have helped many clients in Mableton with claims involving:
- Car Accidents
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Drunk Driving Accidents
- Slip and Fall Accidents
- Worker’s Compensation
- Dog Bites
- Wrongful Death
What Should I Do After An Accident in Mableton, Georgia?
If you have been hurt in a Mableton accident, Murphy Law Firm can help you. We will review your legal rights and find the best options for you and your family.
- Get a copy of the accident report
- Take pictures of the accident and your injuries
- Get your injuries checked out by a physician
- Talk to a lawyer before talking to the insurance company or investigators
- Get witnesses’ names and numbers
- Keep a record of work hours/days you miss due to your accident-related injuries
- Save all medical documentation, including prescriptions
If you are injured in Mableton, Georgia, you are probably stressed about making up for lost wages at work, paying for your medical bills, etc. Under Georgia law, you are entitled to monetary compensation if the collision wasn’t your fault. You have rights, and a Mableton injury attorney can make sure your rights are upheld.
Our injury lawyer at Murphy Law Firm has spent the last 25+ years assisting injured Mableton residents to recover the money they need to pay for their losses and move on with their lives. We’re known as the top-rated law firm in our area for a reason—we don’t back down from insurance companies that fight against your car accident case. Our most important goal is to get you ample monetary recovery for your damages.
For a FREE meeting with our experienced and compassionate attorney, reach out now. Call us 24/7 at 770-577-3020, or fill out the form on this page to start your complimentary consultation.
Who Is Liable for My Injury After A Mableton Accident?
Georgia is an at-fault state, meaning the person or driver whose actions caused the collision or accident is responsible for all expenses, which means that they are required to pay for the victim’s lost wages, property damage, medical bills, and other costs that result from the accident. These losses are recognized legally as your damages.
In most collisions or accidents, such as a Mableton car wreck, the at-fault person’s insurance company will pay for the costs. Often the insurance company will fight this and tries to pay less than what they are responsible for. This is one prominent area where a Mableton personal injury lawyer is priceless.
What Evidence Do I Need to Get Money for My Injury Case?
To claim all of your losses, you need to prove the other person caused your collision or accident. To do this, you’ll need proof of their fault and subsequent accountability for your expenses.
Your injury lawyer will do a lot of research and investigating to collect evidence of the other person’s liability, but there are ways that you can help.
Here are some steps to help your case after a personal injury accident:
- Exchange Information:
- No matter what type of accident you are involved in, it’s always good to exchange names, phone numbers, and addresses with the liable person as you’re waiting for the police to arrive.
- Always Call Police:
- When there is an accident in Mableton, Georgia, involving injuries or property damage, you are legally obligated to report it to police in most circumstances. A police report is excellent for your injury case because it produces a record of the accident.
- When the police arrive at the accident scene, tell them precisely what occurred and how you were injured, including damages to your car or other property.
- This is also the time to discuss any unusual behavior you might have seen from the at-fault person. For instance, if you were in an auto collision and suspect the other driver was drunk, let the policemen know about it.
- Take Photos:
- Photograph evidence can be very beneficial to a personal injury case. Picture evidence shows what the scene looked like directly after the accident or collision.
- Use your phone to take pictures of:
- Your injuries
- Any property damage
- The accident scene
- And any other items you think might be relevant to your claim
- This might include the other driver’s license plate if you were in a car wreck. If the person or driver who caused the accident appears threatening or intoxicated, you might also try taking a video of their actions.
- See a Doctor and Get Medical Treatment If Needed:
- Get medical care for any injuries as promptly as possible—even if you feel okay or don’t think they’re that serious. There are two essential reasons for doing this:
- It creates a report of your injuries from a medical professional, including any treatment methods and diagnoses discussed.
- Injuries can worsen with time, and consulting a physician can help you treat them before becoming severe or expensive.
- Call a Personal Injury Attorney:
- If you haven’t done this already, contact a Mableton attorney who has experience with your accident type. They will assist you every step of the way, including collecting information and creating an insurance claim that accounts for all of your costs.
An Insurance Company Has Already Offered Payment. What Should I Do?
Never accept the initial offer—and always speak with a personal injury lawyer before taking any payment or signing any paperwork.
Insurance companies are for-profit corporations, which means they only care about their bottom line and are continually looking for ways to cut down on their expenses. One way they accomplish this is by offering the accident victim a lump sum of money upfront and hoping they accept it. They know you are probably concerned about paying for your medical bills and other fees—and what they offer you might seem like enough at the time. However, that offer is rarely close to the amount that will satisfy all of your losses.
The insurance agent might even appear concerned about your health and want to help, but they are actually most worried about the dollar amount. What seems like genuine care—such as inquiries about how you’re feeling—is likely to be used as evidence to damage your claim. They could point out that you stated you were feeling fine on the phone (even though you were only being polite), and therefore, your injuries aren’t as bad as your case says.
It’s best not to communicate with the insurance company until you’ve spoken to a personal injury attorney in Mableton. Then, you can direct all calls from the insurance agent to your lawyer. Plus, your lawyer can calculate how much your insurance claim is worth so that none of your expenses are missed.
Essential Points About Personal Injury Claims in Mableton, GA
Personal injury claims in Mableton, GA can become very complicated by laws, deadlines, and processes. It is most beneficial to work with an experienced Mableton personal injury lawyer. At Murphy Law Firm, we will ensure your case proceeds as smoothly as possible. Here are a few things to understand about your injury claim in Mableton, GA:
- Type of Lawsuit – Personal injury covers several particular types of cases, including medical malpractice, car accidents, and wrongful death.
- Statute of Limitations (SOL) – The “statute of limitations” is another word for “deadline.” In the state of Georgia, the deadline is two years from the injury date to file a legal claim. After that time lapses, you may not be able to take lawful action.
- Legal Fees – Filing, building, and litigating an injury claim has expenses. There are legal expenses, court fees, and administrative charges. Every law firm has different fees. Ask your attorney upfront about the costs that may apply to your case. Find out if any fees are due upfront. At Murphy Law Firm, we never require our clients to make any upfront payments – we only get paid if we win your case.
- Insurance Settlement – Insurance companies will usually reach out to you with a quick settlement offer. In many instances, this proposal is the bare minimum that they can offer. It may or may not be sufficient to pay you for your expenses and damages. In some circumstances, it also does not correctly reflect what you are entitled to. Never take money from the insurance company without talking to a Mableton personal injury lawyer first.
Talk to a Mableton Personal Injury Attorney for Free
Don’t get left paying the bills for a collision or accident you didn’t cause. You need an excellent personal injury lawyer in Mableton who knows how to advocate for your full monetary compensation rights. At Murphy Law Firm, we’ve spent the last 25+ years doing just that for our clients. We want to help you get the funds you deserve—and we don’t get paid unless we win your case.
For a FREE meeting with one of our attorneys, call us at 770-577-3020, or fill out the brief form on this page. We’re accessible 24 hours a day, seven days per week.