If you were hurt in a MARTA accident, you no doubt rely on public transportation to help you get to some places in Atlanta. Unfortunately, sometimes public transportation can be unsafe, and accidents can cause injury.
Expect Some Limelight.
Since MARTA accidents don’t happen that often, they tend to make news headlines. You will also probably be interviewed by investigators from MARTA.
BEFORE making statements to investigators, you should note that what you say can be used against you. So before giving statements about your injuries, the accident, and specifics, we highly advise that you consult with a MARTA Accident Attorney first.
You want to make sure you don’t say anything that could jeopardize having a case, or getting your medical bills paid by MARTA’s insurance company.
An attorney will be able to conduct their own independent investigation for you. You’ll want this because the attorney on your side will be looking for evidence that can help prove your personal injury case. It may not be too late to contact an attorney, even if you have already talked to investigators.
You may be required to submit a report confirming that you were a passenger during the collision or injury accident. Our office can help you track down witnesses and provide evidence to prove that you were a passenger. BEWARE: If you wait too long to file your case, witnesses, employees, and evidence can be very difficult to track down.
What is The Marta Accident Checklist?
- Make sure you are listed as a passenger on the accident report.
- Get a copy of the accident report
- Takes pictures of the accident and your injuries.
- Get your injuries checked out by a doctor.
- Talk to an attorney before talking to the insurance company or investigators.
- Get witnesses’ names and numbers.
- Keep a record of work hours/days you miss due to your MARTA accident-related injuries.
- Save all medical documentation, including perscriptions.
Other Public Transit Services in Georgia
- BCPT (Milledgeville)
- CTS (Athens, University of Georgia)
- APT (Augusta)
- METRA (Columbus)
- Paratransit Van Service
- RCT (Richmond County Transit)
- CCT (Cobb County Transit)
If you or a family member has suffered as the result of a MARTA accident in Atlanta, Georgia, Murphy Law Firm may be able help you. We help injured bus passengers recover the just and fair compensation for their injuries. Contact Attorney James Murphy for a FREE Consultation (770) 577-3020.