Deadline Extended to June 2, 2022
High School Seniors and College Freshmen…
Show Off Your Writing Skills and Win a $1,000 Scholarship!
We’ll be awarding one $1,000 scholarship grand prize and two secondary prizes of $100 gift cards to Kroger. The winning articles will be featured in the Murphy Law Firm newsletter and on the MurphyLawyer.com website.
How To Enter
Write an article about either two of these topics:
TOPIC ONE: Why you shouldn’t text and drive.
2,000 words, answering the following questions:
- What is the number one cause of car crashes?
- Is drunk driving as dangerous as texting or phone calls?
- What is more dangerous while driving – texting or phone calls?
- Why do people drive distracted?
- What are the top 5 apps that you can use to restrict the ability to drive and text?
TOPIC TWO: What is the difference between aggressive driving and road rage?
1,500 words, answering the following questions:
- What kind of behavior is aggressive driving?
- Do accidents occur because of aggressive driving?
- How does angry driving turn into road rage?
- How does the law define road rage?
- What are some penalties due to road rage?
- How to disengage from a road rage incident safely?
- How can drivers control their anger?
- What are the statistics of being in a road rage incident?
- NEW Deadline for Submissions: Thursday, June 2, 2022
- Eligibility: Competition open to Douglas County and Paulding County, Georgia high school seniors and college freshmen only
- Winner Announcement: Winners will be announced on our website and on our Facebook Page on Friday, May 13th, 2022