Internal Injuries after a Georgia Auto Accident: Some of the most dangerous injuries are the ones you can’t see.
Victims many times have hidden internal injuries after a Georgia auto accident that can prove fatal if the signs and symptoms go untreated. In the large majority of car accident cases, internal bleeding can occur from the trauma of the accident, or due to work injuries.
What Are The Symptoms of Internal Injury?
Your injury may not be obvious, but it can be serious. If an internal injury goes undetected and untreated, WebMD states that certain symptoms may occur and steadily get worse as the bleeding continues. Symptoms can depend on the type of trauma has occurred, and what body part was injured. Here are some of the symptoms as listed at WebMD.com:
- Abdominal pain and/or swelling (caused by internal bleeding from trauma to the liver/spleen. Pain/swelling will get worse as the bleeding continues)
- Light-headedness, dizziness, or fainting can result once enough blood is lost.
- A large area of deeply purple skin (called ecchymosis) can result from bleeding into the skin and soft tissues.
- Swelling, tightness, and pain in the leg can result from internal bleeding in the thigh.
- Headache and loss of consciousness could be the result of internal bleeding in the brain.
Sometimes an accident victim may be walking and talking, but not know they have these critical injuries. Occasionally, internal bleeding may occur after a less severe impact, so the symptoms are not as immediate or obvious. The symptoms can appear gradually, and steadily get worse.
If you or someone you know was in an accident, keep watch for these symptoms. They may not appear immediately after the accident. Any of these signs of internal bleeding after a trauma should be treated as a medical emergency. The injured person needs to be evaluated in a hospital emergency room.
If you or a family member has suffered Internal Injuries after a Georgia Auto Accident, the Douglasville injury team at Murphy Law Firm, LLC may be able to take on your case and help you get fair compensation. We will gladly consult with you for FREE! 770-577-3020