The Six Steps You Need to Take After A Car Accident
STEP 2: When Is It Time to Get an Attorney?
After getting checked out by a medical provider, call an attorney that you can trust. It is crucial to know what to say and not say to the insurance company, and we can help guide you. Knowing that your legal rights are being protected and that someone is fighting the insurance company on your behalf is priceless. Read below to learn more about the legal side of a Georgia car accident
When to get an Attorney FAQs
What is a Personal Injury Case?
In general terms, a personal injury case is a claim for compensation for injuries that you have against another person, company, or another type of legal entity that has caused you damages through negligence or reckless conduct.
There are various types of personal injury cases, such as:
- Injuries from an auto accident
Including, but not limited to: Cars, Trucks, Tractor-trailers, Motorcycles, Four-wheelers, and DUI Accidents
- Slip and fall (ex: at a place of business, like a store)
- Injury at work (workers’ compensation)
If you believe that you have a possible personal injury case, it is best to consult with an experienced personal injury attorney. The law places certain time limitations on injury cases, so you should contact an attorney promptly to understand your legal rights.
During the initial interview, I will usually ask:
- Did you go to the hospital?
- Did you talk to an emergency room doctor or nurse?
- What did the doctor or nurse say about following up with medical treatment?
- Did they recommend that you see an orthopedic doctor, neurologist, chiropractor, or another health professional?
- Do you need a referral?
- Have you followed up with another health care professional? If not, why not?
- Do you have health insurance?
- Is there some reason why you are not following up medically?
It’s so important to sufficiently document your injuries as it relates to a car accident. It’s also essential to try to complete your treatment before deciding to settle your injury case. It’s also crucial to understand what a personal injury attorney can do to help you with your case. I have written a book that explains what I do as a personal injury attorney to help you with your case. Most people are surprised to see how much work the personal injury attorney does to help you.
How To Find A Good Georgia Injury Attorney Searching The Web
If you are searching to find a Georgia injury attorney, here are some things to look for:
- How many years of experience do they have practicing law?
- Have they written an informative guide that is available to the public about the area of practice you need legal services for?
- Can they explain to you in an easy-to-understand manner some of the procedures and steps that must be taken to proceed with your case?
- What have other people said about the attorney? Have you checked their Google reviews, Avvo rating, and other sources?
- Do they have a significant source of information available to do research, such as an online library, blog, FAQ section, and videos to help you answer your questions before you even call?
These are just some of the things that you can look into to see if the attorney is a good fit for your needs. Then, once you meet the attorney, make sure you like and trust the attorney. Having trust in your attorney’s ability to handle your case is essential because they will guide you in future decisions regarding your claim, and you’ll want to feel like they have your best interest in mind.