Athens Car Accident Law Firm
For Auto Accidents & Workers’ Compensation
Getting Help from a Car Accident Attorney in Athens
Have you or someone you love been injured in a car accident and looking for a Athens car accident lawyer? If the answer is yes, the best thing you can do is to talk with an experienced Athens lawyer. Even injuries that do not seem very serious at first can turn into severe life-long conditions or years of pain. And these injuries can be costly – tens of thousands of dollars in medical care or more! Don’t get stuck paying a bill for an accident that wasn’t your fault. You don’t have to face these difficulties alone— Athens Car Accident Attorney James Murphy can help.
Murphy Law Firm has been helping the victims of car accidents for more than 20 years. We began as a small local office, and today we’ve become one of the most trusted, award-winning firms in Clarke County. When we speak with you, we have one purpose in mind: to make sure you recover from your injuries, and to help you get all the money you need to recover from your accident. Let us give you a free case evaluation to discuss how we can make this happen. Our Car Accident Lawyer in Athens, GA offers a free consultation to clarify your rights and your options. Call Murphy Law Firm at 770-577-3020 today.
WHAT TYPE OF CASES DO WE HANDLE?
- Personal Injury
- Auto Accident Injuries
- Workers’ Compensation (job injuries)
- Wrongful Death Claims (fatal accidents)
What Should You Do After an Auto Accident or Work Injury?
There are a lot of mistakes people can make that may hurt your settlement, so it’s best to get quality legal advice from an experienced personal injury attorney in Athens. Our legal team is ready to answer your questions. We offer free case evaluations for Georgia residents and can meet you at our Athens Office Location (convenient for Athens County residents).
Frequently Asked Questions – Athens Auto Accident Attorney
What Should I Do After a Car Accident in Clarke County?
The moments right after a car crash can feel like a blur – do you know what to do at the scene after an accident? When I talk to my clients about these situations, it is often too late, as they may have already made many of the mistakes that could hinder their Clarke County car accident case. It is essential to know what to do before an accident happens so that you can avoid mistakes and try to have the best outcome possible with your claim.
Here are our top 5 steps to take after a car accident in Athens:
- Stop! Stay at the scene of the accident. If it is safe, move your vehicle to the side, out of the way of traffic, and turn on your hazard lights.
- Call the police right away (911).
- Collect driver and witness information, and take photos of the damage to cars and your injuries.
- Seek immediate medical attention.
- Call an experienced car accident attorney as soon as possible.
Just as importantly, here are some mistakes NOT to make after a Clarke County car accident:
- Do not admit fault.
- Do not discuss your insurance policy.
- Do not argue or debate the cause of the accident.
- Do not accept “road-side” settlements.
- Do not move an injured victim unless they are in danger.
- Do not assume that you are not injured just because you don’t immediately feel pain.
If you or someone you know was injured in a car accident, do not delay seeking legal help to protect your rights. Give me a call today. I will be happy to discuss the facts of your case with you for free. 770-577-3020
What costs can I recover in a Athens car accident claim?
Usually, your case will include nearly all of your expenses and losses. The most common costs are:
- Medical bills
- Damage to your vehicle
- Lost wages or time away from work
- Medication to treat your condition
Some collisions have critical consequences, like severe physical pain, permanent injury, disability, or even a loved one’s death. If this is the case, you may be able to win a much larger financial settlement. We know that no amount of money could ever make up for a tragic loss, but it can help ease your financial trouble when things are difficult for you.
How do I know if I have a valid car accident claim in Athens?
Regrettably, many injured victims talk themselves out of a claim before they even speak with a lawyer. They suppose that the collision was just that—an accident. They may even blame themselves for what happened, even though they didn’t cause the accident. However, that’s not how the law sees it: car accidents occur because someone wasn’t paying attention, was reckless, or worse yet, broke the law. This is referred to as “negligence,” and the truth is, if the other driver was negligent, you have a valid case.
At Murphy Law Firm, we’ve helped injured victims win compensation in all kinds of auto accidents:
- Rear-end crashes
- “T-bone” accidents
- Defective tires
- Whiplash and other neck injuries
- Head-on crashes
- Distracted driving accidents (texting & driving)
- Dangerous road conditions (fog, rain, etc.)
- Drunk or intoxicated driving accidents
If the other driver doesn’t have insurance or fled the scene after a hit-and-run accident—we may still be able to help you win money. Call today for a free case evaluation in Athens.
What Should I Do If I Witness a Work Injury in Athens?
Five Tips On What to Do If a Workmate Gets Hurt On the Job
Seeing someone injured on the job is scary and can leave you feeling confused about what to do. If that happens, here are a few tips on what to do next:
1. Give aid if you can, and call for medical help.
2. Shut down machinery, if necessary.
3. Report the incident to a Supervisor immediately.
4. Attempt to make the accident site as safe as possible.
5. Do not move anything, if possible. Do not clean the scene. Make a mental note of details such as where you were, what you were doing, and any accident details.
If you witnessed someone get hurt in the workplace, you will be interviewed, and it is important to gather your thoughts before giving a statement. Consider exactly what you saw and the circumstances surrounding the accident. Remember that accident investigations are fact-finding missions, not fault-finding ones. The goal is to learn how to prevent similar accidents in the future. When you are interviewed, give your complete version of what happened. Even small details can fill the gaps and lead to a safer workplace. If you or a loved one has been hurt in a workplace accident, give me a call. Murphy Law Firm offers free consultations so you can get the advice you need to protect your rights.